PDA

View Full Version : WM100 Water Meter Issues

Amber Gold
03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
I bought a WM100 water meter last year, and it worked great. This year though, I'm getting false readings. I've watched it as the meter spins and it spins fine from say 0-5 on the dial, but slows down from say 6-10. It's gotten plenty of sap through it, so it should be good and flushed out at this point. Is there a way to take them apart and clean them or something?

From talking to the company I bought it from, they've had issues from other maple producers using a couple of their other meters and when they're sent back to the manufacturer, they tell them it's because of the sugar...chances are this won't be covered under warranty.

I'd rather not buy another meter, but do need one that reads accurately. Fortunately, when buying sap, it gives me readings in my favor :)

schmidt's
03-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Sounds like your meter needs a new chamber. Anything in your fluid that is abrassive(sugar sand) wears on the internals of the meter and make it run slower. If you have alot of sugar sand that plugs up filters you will have issues with your meter. Do you have a filter in front of your meter?

Amber Gold
03-05-2013, 01:00 PM
I hadn't considered that. Last year, the sap was filtered as it was dumping into the tank after it went through the meter, this year, it's being filtered as it's being dumped into the truck tank. Other sap being delivered is not being filtered prior to being delivered.

gearpump
03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Could you hook it in line with your permeate line to the RO at the end of the day? We do that after every use and have not had any problems with ours.

Amber Gold
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Not easily.