PDA

View Full Version : Placeing/Spaceing dividers ??

TerryEspo
03-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Well, I called the steel store where I am going to get some scrap stainless for a few dividers.

My pan is basically 20' wide and 60" long.

I think I want 3 dividers, giving me 4 compartments, or is 2 dividers better giving 3 compartments?

How would you divide the space ?

All compartments equal sizes ? Should the rear area that the new sap enters be smaller or larger than the other areas?

What is the best layout and number of dividers please in your opinion?

Thanks.

Terry

Zamkev
03-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi Terry.

I have a 18"X60" pan with two dividers and it works great. See pic with color gradients and spec sheet (for a smaller pan from CDL). You'll note that dividers are equally spaced. You can also see the flow and determine how the sap will flow based on your set-up.

TerryEspo
03-05-2013, 09:06 AM
OH OH,,,I was thinking maybe wrong.

I want my dividers running side to side, 20" dividers,,,not lengthwise.

Any harm in that?

Terry

Zamkev
03-05-2013, 09:30 AM
I guess the question is whether you are trying to create a continuous flow (dividers length-way) or make essentially three separate pans (dividers side to side).

Either way I would say that three sections(two dividers) is the way to go.

DonMcJr
03-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Terry I think if you want continuous flow them make 3 compartments longway. Then if you make a preheater pan like on my Half Pint you'll have a Pint Evaparator. Here's the instructions for the Half Pint if it helps ya: https://www.leaderevaporator.com/pdf_files/Half-Pint-Evaporator.pdf

tstew
03-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Terry, it shouldn't matter which way you run the dividers either way will work. Take a look at the syrup pans on various setups. some syrup pans have the dividers lengthwise and others cross ways. Just my 2 cents.

TerryEspo
03-05-2013, 07:09 PM
I posted a reply at my other post called crazy diveder plan, changing plans every time I look at it, lol.

See that post if you think you could tell me my lastest idea is good or not.

Thanks to all.

Terry