PDA

View Full Version : Want to sell to a CT restaurant, is anything needed form me?

Starting Small
03-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I had a restaurant that wants to buy syrup from me. I label my syrup with my name and address and the grade of syrup. Do I need any special license? Thanks!
-Dave

325abn
03-01-2013, 11:16 AM
They want to buy, you want to sell.

What more could you possibly need?

valleyman
03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
As far as I know you don't need a license for syrup but on the label it should say: Not prepared in a government inspected kitchen. And I believe it has to be in a certain size font.

lisound
03-01-2013, 12:40 PM
funny. Me too. this is my first year and i brought some into our local breakfast place. I know the owner and just gave him a bottle. He liked it so much, he wants to sell it. cheaper than what he pays for vermont syrup. I'm going to have some labels printed and you can buy the nutrition label on the back from basoms. just read up on what the state calls pure ct maple syrup. not much more involved. it's one of the only not regulated...go figure.

dracmaple
03-01-2013, 01:37 PM
I too was wondering what is needed in CT to legally sell syrup to either restaurants or people, I know it won't be prepped in a inspected kitchen so it would be nice if all you had to do was put that on the bottle and be good.

valleyman
03-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Below is a link pertaining to your question. The Maple Syrup info is towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/rpt/2012-R-0241.htm

CTfarm
03-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Here's another link. I would add to have some form of Liability Insurance.
http://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap417.htm#Sec21a-24b.htm
Good job Dave!

Starting Small
03-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Thanks guys! I was pretty excited. I ended up selling them some. They will actually make it available for their customers for sale in their restaurant. They do not want any commision on it either! Just happy to support local. On their menu it says "Waffle special....made with Mosher Farms maple syrup from here in town." They also will have a brief write up of my brothers and mine development into maple. Yesterday was a good day!
-Dave

wiam
03-02-2013, 12:44 PM
KEEP THEM HAPPY. Seriously do not let them run out, even if you have to find it elsewhere.

Thanks guys! I was pretty excited. I ended up selling them some. They will actually make it available for their customers for sale in their restaurant. They do not want any commision on it either! Just happy to support local. On their menu it says "Waffle special....made with Mosher Farms maple syrup from here in town." They also will have a brief write up of my brothers and mine development into maple. Yesterday was a good day!
-Dave

325abn
03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
What he said!