PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum w/Zero Tank & sp-11 surge pump w/6.5hrs gas motor

maple33
02-26-2013, 09:31 PM
I have 300 taps on gravity and have a 500 gallon zero tank with a sp-11 surge pump powered with a 6.5 horse gas motor. I would like any info on how to hook up vacuum with this set up and if my gravity lines will be ok set up as they are. I have 3/4" main line up hill 850 Lf and two 1/2" side lines one at 200 Lf and one at 125 LF. I have 5/16 grey lines with 5 to 15 taps each and used clear lapiere seasonal spouts. I used lapiere connectors wired on the 1/2" side lines and leader connectors on the 3/4" mainline. I really don't know much about vacuum set ups or at what temps to run it !! Last guy to run tank and pump said on 600 taps he was pulling 18" at 1/4 throttle after building pressure up in tank !!!! Thanks for any and all help as i will need all i can get for first time set-up

300 on gravity
100 buckets
3x9 raised flue wood
brother,wife and black lab :)

Bolen Creek
02-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Have a similar set up in one of are woods. 400 gal. zero with sp 11 with 6.5 horse gas engine. 900 '1" main line with two 400' 3/4" lines y in. woods has about 600 taps. we just idle the motor and pull 24" vac consistenly only problem we had was had to put in a 300' dry line to get vac up past the 3/4" y's on days it runs good.we set pump on pallet on ground plumb that into a moisture trap with a 1" line then run 1" from trap to one of the nipples on tank. we use 1" clear dairy vac hose from trap to tank for its griping ability and flexibility .also install a ball valve in mainline then use the dairy hose from valve to tank. moisture trap is a must because when you run your tank over it saves your pump.

maple33
02-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Thank you for all the info!! What does the dry line do for you and how/where do you run it to? Also where do you get a moister trap or how do you make a moister trap? If you have any pics of your set up would love to see them and glad to know you pull good vac on idle, this vac is all new to me but want more sap and i do not have good woods close by for more taps. What does the trap do stop pump or sap flow?