PDA

View Full Version : Deep enough snow for ya ???

TerryEspo
02-26-2013, 06:38 PM
7051Playing around this eve with the kids out back and in the garge after supper, I took a few pics of things.

I had my son stand beside one of my collection barrels I put out about 4 weeks ago. I also snapped a pic of my retired arch.

Snow, snow go away, come back another day.

Forecast is still bad for my area to tap,,,,,Grrrr.

Terry

Mike R.
02-26-2013, 07:02 PM
We do have lots of snow. I was out with the snow machine last Sunday and it was the first year in a long time I could drive 1/2 mile down the road on top of the snow drifts covering the ditch. I went around with it and broke a trail up along all my trees in the field I plan on putting on buckets. I got a old stainless tub that I am going to put in a sled to pull behind the machine instead of carrying heavy pails all over the place through 2-1/2 feet of snow.

Shawn
02-26-2013, 07:13 PM
About ten inches in back woods here, with weather man saying 8-12 tonight here again

Green Bastard
02-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Very tired for a day walkin around the bush one spot on our trail was up to my waist in drifts. Another 15 to 20 cm later this week.

MapleLady
02-27-2013, 07:54 AM
The snow is deep over here too. Spent yesterday tromping around my taps on my snowshoes. Tried without, but only sank in over my knees. Glad I've got the snowshoes!:cool:

maple flats
02-27-2013, 09:50 AM
In my bush, it is mostly 8-12", but going fast. Never needed snowshoes this season (nor last). Still tapping here. I sure got a workout 2 yrs ago, 4' in the woods when tapping started, about 1.5' at finish of tapping.

Asthepotthickens
02-27-2013, 08:37 PM
It's not the depth of the snow that is causing havoc. it's the weight and the wet.

Scribner's Mountain Maple
02-28-2013, 12:32 AM
I've been able to get around my woods without snowshoes until today. Chest deep in places. It was horrible, like swimming in mash potatoes. The shoes are going on for the rest of the season. With more snow in the forecast, it shows no signs of letting up either.

BrutemanAl
02-28-2013, 04:50 AM
Snow is deep here also , not sure how i am going to get back into my forest after this recent storm, had a pretty good trail for the atv to get back there , but now im not sure how I will make out , guess I will find out tonight lol

Run Forest Run!
02-28-2013, 09:31 AM
We received a ridiculous amount of snow over the past 48 hours. Please tell me it's finished. It weights a ton and is murder to wade through and shovel.

can'twaitforabigrun
02-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Here in Pembroke we got 8-10 inches from the storm yesterday, and it is still snowing lightly this morning. I heard they got around a foot near Palmer Rapids (Bancroft area), and 18 inches as of this morning in Dacre (west of Renfrew). So much for env. Canada's forecast of 5-10cm. Some forecast models are indicating the possibility of another 6 inch plus storm around the 11th. We still haven't tapped here. There is a solid base of 2 ft of snow in the bush and in some places it's deeper than that.

Maplesapper
02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
I hope we get a gradual thaw this year vs a one time blast like last year.
Parry Sound is knee deep, and looks like we are still a weeka way from any sap at all.