PDA

View Full Version : What to mount a mechanical double releaser on above a milk tank

Bruce L
02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
i have a bernard double mechanical releaser I wish to mount over a milk cooler,what do I mount the releaser on?
Thanks,Bruce

sjdoyon
02-25-2013, 06:09 PM
We have a Bernard CV releaser sitting on top of a 1,500 SS tank which is connected to a second 1,500 gallon tank. We built a wood platform with 2x6s for the releaser to sit on. Whatever you can build, just make it sturdy. On good runs, we get some slamming of sap into the releaser.

unc23win
02-25-2013, 10:28 PM
I have double releaser as well. I mounted mine on a wooden platform so it overhangs enough that the sap misses the wood. I made sure the platform was level in all directions. I strapped my releaser down with some of that aluminum strapping with the holes in it I put it over the two brace pieces that hold the two cannisters together. Once I strapped it I made sure the releaser itself was sitting level.

Scribner's Mountain Maple
02-26-2013, 07:12 AM
I have a similar set up. Double sitting on top of my sap tank. I haven't had any problems with it moving around at all. I have 5-6 main lines coming in and the vacuum line coming in from the other direction, so they hold it in place. Mine sits on a piece of 3/4 plywood overhanging the edge. Certainly wouldn't hurt to strap it down, but if you do I suggest waiting til the sap runs and vacuum pressure is good. You would be amazed at how little tweaks can make things seal better. Once you have it located where it seals the best. Strap it down if you want. Mine has set loose for 5 years with no problem.