PDA

View Full Version : Sap Flowing in Norwood Ontario!

Twindadx2
02-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Thought I would let people in the area know that the sap is flowing here. The temperature back in the maples was +2ºC at 3:30 this afternoon. I guess I better get working on my new oil tank arch!:o

BrutemanAl
02-24-2013, 04:48 PM
yep here in Codrington the sap started to flow late this morning , I did a happy dance when i went into the forest and saw it dripping into my buckets

Run Forest Run!
02-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Norwood and Codrington...now things are starting to sound promising.

BrutemanAl
02-25-2013, 05:15 AM
As of yesterday afternoon I had only one tree producing anything , it was slow , 2 buckets on it , but it was dripping, the same tree last year was my main producer , when i get home tonight from work I will go check and see what i have , hopefully the others have started , I put in a few more taps yesterday and the wood looked moist when i drilled the holes , a few days ago when I put in 2 test taps the wood was dry.

sap-evap-orrator
02-25-2013, 06:43 AM
I tapped 1 test tree here in Peterborough on Saturday morning and got nothing, not a drop. Same tap started producing Sunday afternoon. I want to do the rest of the trees today (Monday), but the long range forecast still doesn't look all that promising. What to do???

cvmaple
02-25-2013, 06:51 AM
I tapped half of mine yesterday and they were running well. I never trust the long range forecast and my too short holidays are evaporating quickest of all, So I am putting in the rest of mine today. Good luck.

drpud
02-25-2013, 08:13 AM
I tapped 10 on Saturday (Feb 23) afternoon and all had flow but not a drop on Sunday. If the sun peeks out today I may but another 20-30 taps in place. Here's hoping.
Paul

drpud
02-25-2013, 08:23 AM
I guess I should add that I am located just west of Woodstock, Ontario.
Paul