PDA

View Full Version : Broken butterfly valve

boondocker
02-23-2013, 05:46 PM
So i just went to empty my 250 gal. tote into my holding tank and broke the shaft that runs down thru the neck that runs the butterfly valve...... guess it was froze up just enough. Anyway is there a way to replace it or a place to buy another one? Its a schultz and the neck is not removable. Please tell me there is way to fix this. Thanks Josh

Bucket Head
02-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Yes there is. One of mine broke last year. Dultmeier Sales, Omaha NE, (800)228-9666 or www.dultmeier.com- Part # TKWSFBC210, "one way valve for Schutz tanks". It was $28.00 last year, plus shipping. Its a BANJO brand valve. You might be able to get one quicker from a Grainger supply, if you have one near you?

Steve

Correction: I reread the post and may have misunderstood- you cannot remove the neck, or you cannot remove the valve, or both? The butterfly valve-equipped Schutz tank I have has a removable valve. If your valve cannot be removed, I'm not sure what the fix could be for it. Could the valve be cut off and if theres enough material left, maybe a clamp-on Fernco fitting with a valve could be installed? Just guessing here, without seeing it.

Paul VT
02-24-2013, 04:35 AM
I have the same tank and the valve is not removable. My valve doesn't seal very well. What I did is bought a female buttress fitting to thread on to the valve. Then the other end is NPT. You can get that in many sizes. Then put a valve there. Works good on mine.