PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooled vac lost prime

yards1520
02-23-2013, 04:46 PM
If my oil cooled vac pump lost its prime and ran for three hours like that, doesit have any negative consequences? It wouldn't burn up the pump would it. It's a brand new 60cfm Indiana vac. Thanks

Walling's Maple Syrup
02-23-2013, 06:29 PM
How did it lose its prime? Did you open the valve going from the pump to the aluminum tank befofe you filled the system with oil?

yards1520
02-23-2013, 06:55 PM
That's what art told me he thought it was when I called. I don't know how it could lose prime. I filled with oil then opened valve. I also ran it last week with no problems. It's gas powered. The engine stats fine but won't create any vacuum. Any ideas???

Walling's Maple Syrup
02-23-2013, 06:59 PM
That's what art told me he thought it was when I called. I don't know how it could lose prime. I filled with oil then opened valve. I also ran it last week with no problems. It's gas powered. The engine stats fine but won't create any vacuum. Any ideas???Did you reprime the pump?

yards1520
02-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Yes I just re-primed the pump and I still cant get any vacuum. maybe 1.25" very frustrating

Walling's Maple Syrup
02-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Yes I just re-primed the pump and I still cant get any vacuum. maybe 1.25" very frustratingThat is odd. I bought same pump this year, except mine is 75 cfm. Does pump sound normal? It still does not act like any oil is circulating through pump. Did you "deadhead" pump-run only pump with no releaser hooked in? Did you call Art since you re-primed? He has always gone out of his way to answer any of my questions. It seems like he would have the answer, since he designed it. Neil

yards1520
02-24-2013, 07:50 PM
It's running fine again. I called art and talked for a while... great person to deal with for sure and very helpful! There was no problem with the pump at all. Kinda embarrassed I didnt figure it out on my own, but I had a bad connection at the releaser that wasn't allowing me to make any vac. Got it fixed and everything is good again. Thanks for the replies