PDA

View Full Version : Taped in Coldwater!!!

daverobitaille
02-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Got out today with a +3.3 C and put in 80 taps. the big trees are dry but 12" to 18" are running! Monday looks like the first good run of the year with a + 4C and no wind and sun. I will go pick up the sap late after 5:00 PM so it does not freeze in some of the milk jugs. Kind of difficult to get out when frozen.
looks like it is getting there! Hopping to boil on Thus.
Dave

Run Forest Run!
02-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Way to go Dave! I just got back inside from checking on my buckets. Dry as a bone. Here's hoping for some sun to warm the trees.

daverobitaille
02-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Ok So I just went out to the bush and picked a BIG 5 Gal of sap. Not bad for only 15 taps running out of 80 and just 3 hrs. I think we are getting close.
Dave

Shepp
02-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Ok So I just went out to the bush and picked a BIG 5 Gal of sap. Not bad for only 15 taps running out of 80 and just 3 hrs. I think we are getting close.
Dave

Way to go Dave. I tapped 15 last Mon. I was careful not to tap the spiles in too far for fear of splitting the trees. I was hoping to tap the rest on this coming Monday, but I cant get away from work until Wednesday. Looks like the forecast is calling for below freezing temps after next week anyhow, but with the wacky weather the last few years you have to be prepared.