PDA

View Full Version : Poly Sap Tank Cleaning

Floyd4th
02-23-2013, 11:46 AM
I have a 450 gallon poly tank that needs a little cleaning. I was thinking of using a solution of vinegar or peroxide to clean it with. The only reason i wouldnt use bleach is because i have an RO. Any thought on what i should use, or help from someone who has done something already? Thanks in advance.

markct
02-23-2013, 02:36 PM
I dont understand your comment about bleach and the ro, whatever you use needs to be flushed out of the tank before you put any sap in it. I have found the best way to wash a plastic tank is hot water, the problem with plastic tanks is that you simply cant rinse them out real well because they dont drain all the way to the bottom. Thats part of why i went to stainless for almost all my tanks even the truck transport tank

jimandchuck
02-23-2013, 03:35 PM
hose it out with fresh water and a brush. Get a power washer. Stay away from chlorine if possible.

Tweegs
02-23-2013, 05:14 PM
the problem with plastic tanks is that you simply cant rinse them out real well because they dont drain all the way to the bottom.

If you remove the bung completely and tip the tank on its side, you can get it all out.

It’s a pain, but it can be done.