PDA

View Full Version : Boosters

Amber Gold
02-20-2013, 11:47 AM
So I installed a Lapierre horizontal booster thsi season where I have three mainlines coming together. It has three clips that hold the end cap on, but they don't snap reassuringly tight like the releaser clips do...there's some play in the end cap when the clips are engaged. Under vac., it seems to seal tight...can't hear any leaking, but when it freezes, or vac's shut off, sap drips out of the end cap. Unfortunately, there's no slide on the clips to adjust how tightly it clamps down. Is this typical, or is something wrong with it?

I do like have one set of vac. gauge and three valves in one spot to check for vac. leaks. It's also nice to see how well each line is running.

Thanks

Sunday Rock Maple
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
We don't have one, but did they design it that way so as it wouldn't freeze and bust?

spud
02-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Amber Gold,

My boosters are vertical and I never noticed the lid being loose when vacuum is off. My boosters only have two clips. My only concern for your set-up would be that if your vacuum is off but the sap runs a bit then you could loose that sap out the end. Is it possible to put a bigger ring gasket on your lids to tighten things up? You put buy two pieces of threaded rod and run them through 2x4s just to clamp the end tight.

Spud

lpakiz
02-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Just rebend the side arms of the buckles to shorten the effective length. Put more curve into them.

Amber Gold
02-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Brian I doubt it. The booster was completely full of sap one day, and it wasn't dripping out faster than it could drip out.

The sap does drip out, so yes, lost sap. Bigger ring gasket could help if it fits in the groove.

I'll try bending them and see if it helps.

sapman
02-21-2013, 10:11 PM
This isn't helpful, but on my moisture trap there is no groove for the clips to catch on. So if I'm not careful, the clips just slide right off. Kind of a dumb design. But they have never slipped off during operation, nor would they under vacuum.