PDA

View Full Version : Cam lock connectors

ldick
02-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Has anyone tried using the cam-lock connectors for vacuum tubing? Just wondering if they seal well enough to use on a vacuum system. If anyone has tried them I would appreciate hearing how they worked out. Thanks

Mountain Winds Farm
02-19-2013, 06:59 AM
The only thing I did find is that the camlock fittings molded with the barb on them are not the same diameter as the leader tubing. You have to get regular thread to barb fittings and screw them into the threaded camlocks to get a tight fit in the tubing.

NH Maplemaker
02-19-2013, 07:21 AM
I have a place were the mainline crosses a road in our woods,so we use a cam lock fitting so we can take it apart when needed. They seem to hold vacuum very well! But I agree with Mountain winds, barbs could be better! Seem to be a little small and don't grip that well in black water pipe either. Had to use plumer tape to build up the barbs.

mapleack
02-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Yes I'm using gatorlock brand ones and they are working fine, i've seen lots of other guys using them too. Like Mtn winds said you need to get slip to thread inserts then screw the camlocks onto them.