PDA

View Full Version : Flowing in lewis county yet?

dakotasky
02-17-2013, 06:49 AM
Wondered if anyone is getting a run in Lewis co. yet? I know some have already tapped. I put out one tap yesterday just to test and got just a few drips in the bucket during the afternoon. The forcast here is pretty cold this week with the exception of one day, just wondering if i'm waiting too long or I should get my 100 taps in?

maplefrank
02-17-2013, 08:01 AM
what part of "upstate r u"????????we r still waiting for our 1200, big problem with tapping buckets early, is ths 0 weather, its ok if you can empty them before the freeze.......we usually cant!!!!! but if u have just 100 its easier to get them empty.

Sunday Rock Maple
02-17-2013, 08:08 AM
We are just a little north of you in St. Lawrence County and are 98% tapped (using CV's). It ran just a little bit twice in the last week --- not enough to collect though.

sugarsand
02-17-2013, 08:15 AM
We are located about center of the county. Having all buckets and if the weather forcast holds true we wont be tapping untill March. If we have lost any so far, it can"t be much.

sugarsand

Thompson's Tree Farm
02-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Don't get your knickers in a knot! It ain't sugarin' season in the north country yet.:lol: