PDA

View Full Version : Tough pulling out 800' of 1&1/4" dry line

Bruce L
02-16-2013, 04:47 PM
My two teenage sons,my wife and I pulled out the 1&1/4" dry line today as well as the 1" wet line to pull the sap back from the other tank at the other side of the snowmobile trail.By the time my son got back to the releaser pulling 800',he decided it wasn't as easy as he thought,problem is when he switched jobs and was manning the roll of 1" black poly,it kinked twice on him,should I cut it and put in splices and clamps,or just straighten it out and keep an eye on it?It will only have vacuum on it when I open a ball valve to pull the sap over from the remote tank to the releaser at the main tanks.
Thanks,Bruce

Sunday Rock Maple
02-16-2013, 06:01 PM
We had a kink last year on 1,400 feet of 1 and 1/2" that we use for a dry vacuum transfer line, we decided to cut it and put in a straight connector as every time I walked by that kink I thought about --- now I don't (well, except for now of course).

Potters3
02-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Cut and splice, the kink with have a chance of flattening when under vaccum.

spud
02-17-2013, 07:00 AM
My two teenage sons,my wife and I pulled out the 1&1/4" dry line today as well as the 1" wet line to pull the sap back from the other tank at the other side of the snowmobile trail.By the time my son got back to the releaser pulling 800',he decided it wasn't as easy as he thought,problem is when he switched jobs and was manning the roll of 1" black poly,it kinked twice on him,should I cut it and put in splices and clamps,or just straighten it out and keep an eye on it?It will only have vacuum on it when I open a ball valve to pull the sap over from the remote tank to the releaser at the main tanks.
Thanks,Bruce

Bruce,

Don't cut the pipe. With channel locks very carefully get the kink out and then with a six inch piece of main line cut it length way's and slip it over the kink. Now put two clamps over the slipped on pipe that is right over the kink. It will be fine under vacuum.

Spud