PDA

View Full Version : Tapped in Woodstock

Longyearfarm
02-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I managed to get some of my buckets tapped today and a majority of my tubing tapped as well. I know the next couple of days will be cold, but I couldn't hold myself back any longer. The sugar content of today's sap was 2.75%. I'll take that compared to last year!

Matt

JSEDLAK
02-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Good to hear matt. We managed to get a couple hundred gallons of sap over the week so we will be boiling in the morning. We couldnt wait either, still tapping though, a few more each day. We need to find more buckets

sugarman3
02-16-2013, 05:48 AM
We got about 1500 gallon yesterday also,would have gotten more,new tank after it got 10 in the collar starting leaking so i shut vacumn pump off,amazing what a vacumn does,within minutes of shutting pump off,sap stopped flowing through the lines,temp was 38 and we were getting,was going to run vacumn pump all night,now to fond a welder who can weld stainless ad get it repaired before next warm up,looks like i got a few days,boiling today after sap runthrough r.o.

adk1
02-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Hey Vern, you must be able to get some kind of credit from Leader for a crappy weld donw you think? That is bad luck. I went to Jake's sugarhouse last night. He had around 550 gallons..only checking at 1.7% tho. He made about 6 gallons out of it or something like that. I got my tanks cleaned today and I am set. Next Saturday the drill comes out.