PDA

View Full Version : Sap Ladder or 50ft between vac and releaser

Genson
02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Which one of these options would result in the best vacuum performance.
1. Running a 50ft vac line from the vacuum to the releaser
2. Using a sap ladder to elevate the sap and bring the sap 50ft torwards the vacuum resulting in a very short pipe between the vac and releaser
One of these options is necessary d/t elevation changes and wanting to keep the vac pump under good shelter

mapleack
02-15-2013, 10:41 AM
50ft line from pump to releaser and avoiding a ladder is much better, providing it's not a pain to move the sap from the lower collection point. Also, if something happens to your vacuum you'll still be working on gravity. I've got multiple ladders around my woods, when something happens to vac I'm not getting anything from those taps. Just be sure the vac supply pipe is large enough for the system you're installing.

ennismaple
02-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Andy said exactly what my opinion is too. While we have sap ladders in our woods you should avoid them whenever possible! We have one vacuum line that runs 500ft from pump to releaser and another that runs 2,000 ft.

Russell Lampron
02-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Avoid the sap ladder and run the 50 foot pipe from pump to releaser. My releaser is 1400' from my pump and works good. The pump is close to the electric supply and under cover as well as being easy to service when needed.