PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Leak

SeanD
02-14-2013, 07:10 PM
I have a leak between the spout and the check valve tap. It was bubbling and hissing when I first caught it, so I gave it a few gentle taps to get it to seat tightly. I can't hear it anymore, but I can see air bubbles coming down the line from it. My next tap didn't seem to close the two fittings as much as push the tap a little further into the tree. It's not moving much because I'm really being gentle, but I did see it move.

Everything is stopped for the night now, so it's hard to tell if I got it, but the next time I go out there, I'm not sure what to do if it is still there. I feel like the next step is to pull them apart and see if I have a wood chip or something in there, but I'm afraid if I start mucking around with it, I'll mess with the tap hole itself or make the problem worse. Is this worth doing, or do people typically live with small leaks like this at this point?

Sean

TerryEspo
02-14-2013, 08:27 PM
I belive I just read a post from Dr. Tim that air bubbles are normal, nothing to worry about. If you did hear it, tapped it in a bit and now didn't hear it, that a positive.

I wish I could remember what post it was,,,a recent post for sure.

Terry