PDA

View Full Version : tapped 50 in Milton yesterday - had some flow

chriscris
02-14-2013, 12:11 PM
The title says it all. Still early, but last year was early too.
Keeping my eye on things.

just thought I'd share.

ennismaple
02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
That looks like my 2 week warning! Southwestern Ontario is normally 2 weeks ahead of us (except last year) so we'd better get ready to start charging some drills!

govner4
02-14-2013, 01:14 PM
I tapped a tree here in ottawa just to see and its flowing pretty well! may put them all in tomorow scince im off I know weather going to get cold next week but starts warming up after that. Cold for a week wont hurt anything if taps already in?

ennismaple
02-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Govner4 - If you're on gravity or buckets I'd hold off. Assuming you don't have thousands of taps you should be able to get them all done in a single day when the 3-5 day forecast looks favourable. I need to start early because we tap on weekends and using CV's it doesn't matter when we start. We're still 2 weeks from what used to be considered an "early" start!

govner4
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
thanks ennismaple I did put up 5 buckets today just see what was up but will hold off for another week or so and you are correct I am on buckets about 150 maybe 200 this year my second year at it had 50 buckets last year. its alot of fun for my boys and I.