PDA

View Full Version : CRAZY Thought,,,buying sap once until my trees run !!

TerryEspo
02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Its killing me to read all the great sap flows in the last couple days,,,thats great for all that are up and running.

Watching my local weather, I dont expect sap until March,,,Grrr. Good ole Northern Climates.

I am thinking of driving South into Michigan to where it is running. That is if anyone has sap to sell me.

Maybe someone is lucky enough to have their sap running but unlucky with no time to boil or too much too boil.

I would love to know if I could buy around ....50, 60, 70 gallons of sap next week, Tues., Wed., Thurs. or Friday ? Would love to try my new arch and my kids would be tickled pink.

I live 45 mins North of Mackinaw City, I have my own barrels to bring with me.

Anyone South of Mackinaw that may have extra sap to sell ?

I am hopeing not 1000 miles away either, lol. I really dont know where line is drawn of where sap is running and where it is not. I know here it is NOT !!

A few hours drive each way is not a problem. It would be worth it,,,once.

I am just putting it out there, not expecting any miracles, you just never know.

Thanks.

Terry

mapleack
02-14-2013, 09:54 AM
What would they say at the border?

TerryEspo
02-14-2013, 06:22 PM
I dont really know what they may say.

Good point, I think I will go to the Gov. site and see what information they may have posted.

After kids go to bed,,,Google here I come.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Terry

Mike R.
02-14-2013, 06:47 PM
I doubt the border would have any issues with it. But with them you never know.

You could try sending the Michigan Syrup Association an email asking who has sap running.

http://www.mi-maplesyrup.com/index.htm

not_for_sale
02-14-2013, 06:55 PM
I am in Midland. 2.5 hours from the bridge and its not really running. Probably have 10 gallons from 50 taps. So a couple of hours maybe understating the effort involved as you would have to go another two hours further south.

TerryEspo
02-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Hey Mike and NOT For Sale....

Ya, I dont think I will be getting any sap nearby, weather is wrong for us Northerners. I was probably not thinking well when I typed that, not my first time, lol.

Let see how the weather goes and what happens. Next time I,m near the border, I will stop in and ask Canada Customs about sap coming into Canada.

Thanks to all.

Terry