PDA

View Full Version : Tapping in Center Point, WV

hgjobe
02-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Well the last few days have produced a fair run for as short as it was. I have 225 taps on gravity feed but they are on the North side A couple of days ago we collected about 240 gallons and that was just enough to run the evap for the day before we ran out. I didn't expect to collect any today but the bush still eased out 60 gallons. Tomorrow may also be a run day, at least it will get freeze tonight.

Sonny

wvsugarshak
02-14-2013, 07:07 AM
hi we are up and running in mogan co. Man this up and down weather is crazy it's like start and stop well we will take all mother nature gives us.. Hey were is center point wv?

hgjobe
02-15-2013, 04:35 PM
We are quite a bit west of you in Doddridge county. Around 50 miles west of Morgantown.

220 maple
02-17-2013, 11:50 PM
hgjobe,
Great to see you posting on Mapletrader, I've been to busy to check Mapletrader let alone post anything. In seven days we got half as much sap as we got in the total season last year. If we can get two more runs like the first one we will break the camp record.
Mark 220 Maple

hgjobe
02-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Mark, sounds like you will have a good season. Looks like there may be a few more good days coming up.

hgjobe
03-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Wow, I'm running really low on firewood. Rookie mistake. Will have to be better prepared next season. May have to shorten my season and lose some of the gold.

220 maple
03-04-2013, 09:14 PM
hgjobe,
I feel your pain with the firewood shortage, We have almost burnt a tractor trailer load so far, may have to get another load with the possible snow storm coming wednesday? If we get some really big runs we will run out of firewood for sure!

Mark 220 Maple

MikeL
03-06-2013, 04:59 AM
220 you should be getting your snow. I know there are pockets around somerset where some are getting cracked loose while most of us are a few degrees off. Less firewood, more ro, theres more than one camp worried about keeping up when it warms, but they can call for more $oil. Hope to hit those runs soon.
Mike