PDA

View Full Version : Started Tapping

vtmapleman
02-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Finished all my repairs and installing 500' of mainline this morning....started tapping this afternoon. Trees are frozen solid with no sign of any sap. The 2" of snow we got this morning made it pretty slippery in the woods - sitting in front of TV with pack of ice on knee - took one heck of a fall.

bairdswift
02-14-2013, 05:45 AM
Started tapping in west Fairlee over the last 2 days. Got in about 150 taps on pipe line, tapping in the late afternoon In between milking chores. Bush faces south east (on west side of a north south running valley) and only saw a few drips so far. Putting in taps a little early I know but being a one man show I wanna be ready for first run and still be able to hang buckets. Useing brand new check valves on new pipeline(100 of the 320 was up last year)sun by 10am today and temps around 37 should be nice today!

steve J
02-17-2013, 05:31 PM
I will tap end of Feb. wife is having a hernia operation this week which will keep me home vs in the woods. But the big kicker is I just got drafted into Jury duty starting March 18th. I am hoping they will work with me a bit on this.

northwoods_forestry
02-19-2013, 05:34 AM
Tapping out in the south sugarbush today. Have to work around finishing the last timber cruise of the season in northern Windham County, but I should have all the existing taps in by the weekend. Then I can start on the new pipeline.