PDA

View Full Version : will sap puller 200g create enough vac. to run lapierre double act sap pusher pump?

gentlemanfarmervt
02-12-2013, 09:24 AM
im looking to introduce a mobile powerless vacuum to my gravity system. sap puller 200g to create vac. but wondering if i can make this work in line with lapierre double acting pushe pump to get the sap from downhill.

DrTimPerkins
02-12-2013, 09:30 AM
im looking to introduce a mobile powerless vacuum to my gravity system. sap puller 200g to create vac. but wondering if i can make this work in line with lapierre double acting pushe pump to get the sap from downhill.

Unlikely that it would work this way. Sap Pullers do not generate much CFM, so they probably wouldn't be able to deal with this setup. However, a Sap Puller itself is a pump that is made to move liquid. It is only being used to move air to create vacuum. You should check with the manufacturer/distributor to see how far a Sap Puller can pump sap. Probably it'll depend upon how long (DISTANCE) and how far (UP) you need to pump.

gentlemanfarmervt
02-12-2013, 11:26 AM
thanks dr. perkins for helping me to understand...however if there is any infomative assistance with sap puller capabilities would be great