PDA

View Full Version : Bender Dumping Question

chuck240z
02-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Hello,

I bought a bender setup from a fellow maple trader, and have a question on the dumping.

I have a small bender, and am running it with a gast pump at 20hg. It is properly setup with a T on the bottom with two check valves (factory bender ball checks). Have the hair pin on the bottom of the rod, the float, hairpin then the factory weight. Everything is working, no bouncing and it seems to be handling my 170 taps pretty good.

The only question i have is, when it fills, the sap level pushes the float to the top hair pin, and then it just sit there for about a minute (little change in vacuum, very little air bubbles comming in), then finally breaks vacuum. Almost like the vaccuum on the mainline equalizes with the jar vacuum and causes a stand still.

I was guessing it was too much weight, but i know if i remove the factory weight, it will bounce and cause vacuum issues. Or, i'm having issues with check valve. Maybe its normal. Just wondering.

I attached a picture (i have two weights in the picture due to air, i fixed the leaks and removed one weight)

lpakiz
02-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Mine will do that also. I don't know what causes it. Seems like there can't be too many air leaks if it isn't pulling in air.

adk1
02-12-2013, 09:48 AM
man I like that setup. looks simple. would love to be able to find something like that.

schmidt's
02-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Breaking the vacuum is more of a load than the float being free to rise up the rod. The float has to diplace more sap to make it rise. It takes a little while for enough sap to come into the releaser to trip the seal. On days when they are running hard you wont hardly notice this.

Dennis H.
02-12-2013, 03:02 PM
That is how mine worked. The float ended up being somehting like 3/4 covered by sap before it had enough force to overcome the vac grab at the top.

jmayerl
02-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Geez ask, i had mine just like that listed on here for sale for a month........

adk1
02-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Geez ask, i had mine just like that listed on here for sale for a month........
dang..and of course it is gone now right

jmayerl
02-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Yup mailed it out east.