PDA

View Full Version : samll vacuum run off batteries?

SIGNGUY
02-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Anyone run a small vacuum pump off batteries with an inverter? Looking for feed back? Don’t have power available but do have access to a solar planel for an electric fencer and batteries. Goodrich Maple sells a small sapsucker rated for 400 taps and I am thinking about trying it. Any feedback would be great, never had vacuum and looking at having 300 taps.

lakeview maple
02-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Look for thread on sap guzzler its got alot of info,have a good day and good luck,Al

maple maniac65
02-11-2013, 03:06 PM
I have a small vacuum pump, dairy type and it runs 10 hours a day on 4-5 gallons of gas. I bought an airblo 5 1/2 hose 8 cfm pump yes it was expensive but it only uses about 3 gallons every 24 hours. Electricity is available at a cost about $1000.00 a year but gas is less expensive right now. I cannot get a sesonal meter box.

highlandcattle
02-22-2013, 08:57 AM
We called Goodrich's about this sap sucker, tried to get detailed info before spending more money and it not working. They were more annoyed than helpful, so NO info. Saved money there. We are completely off grid, use a gas powered pump designed by Indiana Pump. Still cost too much, but it works. There is No cheap way to get out of doing some things. Just got to keep asking around and seeing what others have managed to do without a huge bankroll. Good luck. You would need lots of batteries and solar panels and a good inverter to try this. Not worth it.

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-22-2013, 05:55 PM
if i can get the money to buy a guzzler right from bosworth Im gonna try it this year. they say 8hr on a battery deep cell

Starting Small
02-22-2013, 06:27 PM
if i can get the money to buy a guzzler right from bosworth Im gonna try it this year. they say 8hr on a battery deep cell

Are these rechargeable?