PDA

View Full Version : Why a diverder in pan ?

TerryEspo
02-10-2013, 10:26 AM
It may seem a silly question after I have spent so much time here, but really dont know the advantage. I have a pan that is 58" long and wonder if putting a divider in it near the front draw off.

I think the advantage is that I could draw off syrup in small amounts in front of the divider. But, that just seems like I am being impatient and not waiting for the whole batch to finnish.

Am I missing something?

If I do want to put a divider is one enough or two better ? Where should I place it or them?

Thanks.

Terry

spencer11
02-10-2013, 11:13 AM
the dividers make the gradient and make is so you dont have to do "batches" and your always drawing off almost syrup or finished syrup and not some syrup and some almost raw sap

buck3m
02-10-2013, 08:10 PM
As spencer has said dividers allow you to do periodic, small draw-offs rather than waiting for the whole batch to be finished and then pulling the whole pan off the fire. It's an easier, more efficient way to boil.

You will need several dividers. Take a look at some divided pans or at least photos of divided pans to get an idea of what works well in the real world.