PDA

View Full Version : Pan Gasket's

Shawn
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
This year went with the Pan Gasket around the front pan and rear. Use to use woodstove rope and lay some atop the rails where the pans sit and then put some around pans on the outside using a plastic putty knife to fit it in around the outside of the pans. With the pan gasket do I just need to lay it on the rails and then put the pans ontop of this and aok or also go around the outside of pan's and also put some in to fill the space up between the rail (ontop) and pans to give a snug fit, because that is what I have done. It seems to give a snug fit in doing this. Thanks for the help and it is snowing hard here and the wind she is a howling!!:)

spencer11
02-08-2013, 05:08 PM
i layed it on the rails and put the pans on but it was my first time, there may be a better way

maple flats
02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
That is the right way. Lay it on and set the pans on. Also, have a gasket between pans.

Shawn
02-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Thanks Dave

maple marc
02-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Shawn, for the rail gaskets, there are two types available. One type is almost like cotton candy. It works, but is very fragile and will barely last a season if you are taking the syrup pan on and off. The type I prefer is like braided rope. It's very durable. I think you would like it better.

Marc

Shawn
02-09-2013, 11:17 AM
You got that correct Marc. I have the stuff that is like cotton candy, will go with it and pick some of the other stuff up soon. We do take our pans on and off to clean one and put another clean on during the season.