PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hello

mcmp
04-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Hello Guys;

After I made a few posts under Evaporators last night, I realized I had not introduced my self. I have been a Lurker here since Chris started the board. Chris has created a wonderful resource for everyone in Maple. To my knowledge, there is nothing else like Maple Trader. Thank you Chris !!

My Name is Paul, I live at Schroon Lake in the Adirondack Mts of NY. I am 63 and have been in Maple my entire life. I own Moose Creek Maple Products, which is a 138 year old family Maple Business. I remember riding on the
gathering sled pulled by horses when I was to little to carry buckets, then did my SLAVE labor carrying buckets.....dont spill a drop !!! Finally graduated to the sugar house running the evap. Then I went to college and got my degree in Fire Protection Engineering. I was Fire Protection Enginner/Fire Chief for IBM Corp at the Kingston and Poughkeepsie, NY Sites. We had a full 24/7 fire dept, but thats another story. Since I was only 150 miles from Schroon Lake, I still kept my hands on the Maple Business during sugar season. I got a chance to grab a very early retirement from IBM, and at the same time the family maple business was in trouble due to family health and age. I left IBM and went back in to Maple. Moose Creek Maple Products is now a very healthy business with old and new accounts. We are now taking the step into eCommerce and the challanges it presents.

My son is also part of MCMP, has his own evap at his home and does his share of boiling/marketing and general business. Once Maple gets in your blood, you cant get it out, its a 'FEVER'. I can see that excitement in all your posts. My Hobby is restoration of Dodge Power Wagons. I even package a 'special' Maple Syrup with a Power Wagon on the Jug. I have a Image Event site with a lot of albums of interest to Dodge Power Wagon owners. One album is pictures Power Wagon owners send me of 'PW Maple Syrup' pictured as they travel. The URL is; http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple

If you ever get to Schroon Lake, your welcome to stop and we can talk Maple or I will talk Power Wagons and you can plug your ears ha ha.

Paul

mountainvan
04-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Hello from the Catskills Paul, How about fishing? I drove through where you worked in Kingston today. That place is dead after IBM pulled out.

mcmp
04-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Mountainvan;
I am not into fishing. I guess I cant sit still long enough ha ha. Yup, when IBM left the place was sold. I hear its turned into a huge boondoggle.

Paul

andrew martin
04-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Hello Paul,

Greetings from Central Kentucky. You are in a beautiful place of the country - I once lived in the Catskills - Walker Valley to be exact. My dad worked in Beacon at the Texaco Research Center before it was closed and he moved to Houston, TX. As a family, we vacationed in the Adirondacks every summer and sometimes for a long weekend in the fall. How I miss the scenery, for Central KY is not the same. I miss the snow. Glad you are here. Enjoy your weekend.

Andrew

brookledge
04-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Paul
Have you ever been to Oscars smoke house in Warrensburg?
Its one of my favorite stops if I'm vacationing in the area.
Keith

mcmp
04-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Keith, never actually been to the smoke house, but I use a lot of Oscars products. Really tasty.

Paul