PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre Hobby Releaser, New style

Dennis H.
02-06-2013, 06:23 PM
I just received my new Lapierre Hobby releaser from Chris at the Maple Guys.

Very nice looking releaser. It has many things that are the same as it bigger brothers.

Mike R.
02-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Its a thing of beauty, can't wait to pick mine up this weekend.

Maplewalnut
02-06-2013, 08:14 PM
I like the looks but I'll let you guys try it out. I did my turn on the first version of the hobby releaser and still have a bad taste in my mouth.....good luck, hopefully they have the bugs worked out finally

Maplewalnut
02-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Dennis- is that a 45 angle connecting the two chambers? How balanced is it.? Almost looks top heavy

Dennis H.
02-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Yes they are joined by a 45 connecter.
There is a SS metal base that the entire releaser sits on. There are 3 flush head screws that attch this metal plate to the bottom of the releaser.

It is very stable.

The main chamber is taller than the original hobby but with the top manifold mounted to the lower with the 45 the overall height is still about the same as the old hobby releaser.

unc23win
02-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Looks Great good luck!

briansickler
02-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Here's my new releaser. It's the hobby double model. Have to get her hooked up. Plan to tap around the 15th.

Brian

tuckermtn
02-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Dennis- is that the one with the constant vacuum optional valve? I have a hobby CV sitting in the barn still in its shrink wrap...with the storm forcast for today it might be a good day to unwrap it and check it out. Its either mucking around in the barn or doing taxes....thats an easy choice.

Dennis H.
02-08-2013, 10:24 AM
No it is not the constant vacuum type.
I can make that for alot less than what they are asking for. It is just a few 1" pvc fittings and a swing style pvc check valve.

When did you get yours?

tuckermtn
02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
I ordered mine in the pre-season discount timeframe last spring. Arrived last summer in July.

Dennis H.
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
You might want to check but I was told that Lapierre took back all the stock of both types because of an issue that they needed to correct.
Up at LEME in Nov. I was talking to a guy from Lapierre, here had a very strong french accent, he told me that they were still working on issues with the single and it would be a few more weeks.
Then a few weeks later I was told over the phone that Lapierre took back the doubles because of something they saw on the single that was also used on the double.

I know it is vague but that is all I know, I am still curious what the problems that they were having on the singles that made them delay the deployment of it.

Mike R.
02-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Well I got my realeser this morning. What a great looking piece of equipment. Very well built. I might have to do a trial run in the house as it is -25 Cecilius out right now.

6653 6654 6655 6656

Dennis H.
02-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Very nice isn't it?
That is what I thought when I 1st got a look at it.
Did you get the little bottle of silicone oil and the packet ot grease! I thought that was a real nice touch to add that in there.
I did not get that when I got the other style of hobby releaser.

Mike R.
02-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Yes I did get the bottle of oil and grease. Funny thing is its made in Canada but cheaper to buy from the states.

Starting Small
02-22-2013, 07:34 PM
What features and reasons for getting a hobby releaser over a bender dairy type releaser? Thanks,
-Dave

Dennis H.
02-22-2013, 07:59 PM
The biggest reason why I picked one up was so I could run higher vac levels more reliably.
The benders work great when running lower vac levels, under 22". You start going above that you will start getting little problems that you get.
Also because of the benders design there is always a vac leak at the top cap. This will then require a vac pump that is slightly over sized for you system so that you can make for the loss at the releaser.
They are little things that are not a show stopper for a small setup but it is a problem when you start to maximize the tubing system.

ejmaple
02-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Just picked mine up yesterday from Maple Guys. I needed to spend the cash since my homemade electric releaser imploded @ 25''

heus
02-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Tell us more about your imploded releaser.

ejmaple
02-24-2013, 12:30 PM
i'll post some pics. soon, pretty impressive force.

Mike R.
02-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Tell us more about your imploded releaser.

Yes please tell us. Was it one of them, lets take the end cap off while vacuum is still in it?

red maples
02-24-2013, 05:20 PM
I wanna get the new double hobbys but I'll wait til the bugs get worked out and I hear some positive feed back I have enough trouble with hobby second run....can't run high vac on it or it won't release. Good luck with the new one I hope it works better then the first. Its backed up on me 3 times so far this year when the temps get close to the freezing mark...what a pain. Hoping chris will take it back in trade its in really good shape but I hope he will give me something for it. If not I will keep it maybe use it elsewhere!!!