PDA

View Full Version : 300 taps today

sugarman3
02-06-2013, 06:03 PM
It got bitter cold after 2pm,had more storm damage from lst weeks wind,i just keep plugging along,guess it was a waste 2 weeks ago walking the woos,o well,lots of exercise and enjoyed nature

Sunday Rock Maple
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
We started this afternoon and it did get cold, we had 10 degrees and a lazy wind (sooner go through you than around). We got 375 CV's in and we'll try to keep at it and hopefully finish up next week sometime. Very good to be back in the woods with the wife -- there are a lot worse ways to spend an afternoon......

Sunday Rock Maple
02-07-2013, 06:30 PM
We spent another afternoon in the woods and have 800 in now which makes us just a little shy of 1/3 of the way done. Not sure how much snow we'll have to wade through to get the rest after the storm tomorrow but it's been great walking so far. The ball popped out of one CV as it seated in the tap hole, not sure why as the fingers were not damaged. They are a soft rubber like material (who knew?) I just assumed they were hard plastic like the tap itself. Found 4 spots with squirrel chews on the spout and one where some large animal (deer?) had chewed a drop but overall things look to be in pretty good shape. Gotta get that squirrel (it's a grey), I had set rat traps with peanut butter but to no avail.