PDA

View Full Version : End of line

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-24-2006, 07:36 AM
I use the end of line rings on all my trees and put a tap on the end of line fitting. In my opinion, I am not crazy about this as some of my end trees are huge 30+ inches and the sap has to travel clear around the tree and to me this would cut down on sap from the end tree.

I am considering doing away with all of these and putting a "y" on all the end trees.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :?

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
04-24-2006, 07:47 AM
post edited

Jay
04-25-2006, 11:30 PM
WVM, I used them this year because I liked the way they fit on the end tree and because I bought a **** load of them :lol: . After I started I didnt like the way the sap had to come all the way around so I capped the piece that the lateral went into pulled the lateral tight and just infront of the end ring I cut the lateral and put in a tee by passing the route around the tree. Worked well, Jay

markcasper
04-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Brandon, I put in lots of them a few years ago and wish i had never seen them! I bought a few things from a Lappierre dealer a few years ago and also bought 100 slide fittings for use at end of tree or for attaching to the mainline wire for entrance into the saddle. These work remarkable and much better than a "end of tree ring" or "hooked connector" for entrance into the mainline. Might want to check them out. Mark