PDA

View Full Version : Leader can't count

Typical8
01-22-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm using this cold snap to make new drop lines. I have so far made 1200 with the CV2's and have yet to open a bag that had a 100 CV's in it. 10 bags had 99 and 2 bags had 98. The T's are a diferent story, if there isn't a 100 in a bag then it is a 101 or 102 ( T's are from a different company). Just wondering if anyone knows how they count? I would think it is by weight, if so I would want to error in the favor of the customer. We wouldn't short fill are syrup containers.

gmcooper
01-22-2013, 10:21 PM
I do not think Leader touches any of them. I was told a couple years ago they come packaged from the manufacturer. I haven't used any check valves this year but in the past I was averaging 102 per bag.

unc23win
01-23-2013, 08:46 AM
I have had that happen as well. When I was making drops I didn't have enough stubby spouts for my check valves. Now I order a few extra like 105 so then they pack a bafg of 100 and hand count 5, then I just shoot them an e-mail if they short me and they send the rest. So at least if I order 105 and I am shorted I will get the 100 I was trying for.

sapman
01-23-2013, 09:42 AM
As soon as I saw this topic, I knew what it was about. Yes, I've gone through almost 20 bags, all short by at least 1. But tees always 100 or more. I'm keeping track!!!

Cake O' Maple
01-23-2013, 12:35 PM
You made me go count the 1 bag of cv2's I bought from Sugarbush Supplies in Mason, MI. 100 exactly...I wonder if they package their own.

ennismaple
01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
I've noticed the same thing with stubbies and tees. You would think part of the QA process would be to weigh the bag?

SDdave
01-23-2013, 02:30 PM
For what its worth (it's not worth alot). My wife is a CPA and used to do year end audits (books, inventory, and what not). She had some clients that sold nuts/bolts/washers etc. Well they have to actually count bags of each to make sure inventories are correct. Of course they do not count each bag but a "sample lot" randomly selected by the auditor. I forget what happens when they actually find a deviation, but it does happen. And it sounds like it happened more than once.

Keep on tappin'

Potters3
01-24-2013, 04:10 AM
I put together 900 drops last year, counts didn't match up, I let Leader know and they gave me what was short. Some bags where under and some where over after each group of 100 I would either throw the extra's in a bin or pull out what I needed, total I think I was off 3 tees (short) and a couple of stubbies (extra). They told me they are packaged by weight on a scale. With the little weight of fittings I can see why they maybe off once in awhile.

ericjeeper
01-24-2013, 06:16 AM
I totally understand them packaging by weight. But they sell them by the piece, not the Ounce.
Many years ago when I was pouring walls on a job, we kept getting shorted on concrete. So my boss had me construct 3 , 3x3x3 boxes. We ordered 3 yards of concrete. The truck did not have enough to fill them. The concrete company said. " well we batch this by the pound to get the mix.. I remember my boss telling the guy.. Well I am buying it by the cubic yard. And you have consistently been shorting me. I do believe my company was compensated.

Sunday Rock Maple
01-24-2013, 08:22 PM
LOL -- sounds like they need to reduce the process standard deviation or increase the targeted mean to improve the Cpk (and if you understand that then you just might be either a six sigma greenbelt or a quality geek -- like yours truly).