PDA

View Full Version : lost in transit

mountainvan
04-20-2006, 07:14 PM
sent two boxes of syrup to colorado last week. one box got there fine tuesday, second arrived today, sealed with no syrup. anyone else ever have this happen?

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
04-20-2006, 07:59 PM
post edited

ibby458
04-22-2006, 05:41 AM
I think you just lost the Post Office lottery. I've sent literally thousands of packages and have NEVER had one lost, stolen or severely damaged. (I do pack stuff so it could survive dropping out of a plane and getting run over by a bus.) Wish I could say the same for UPS. They're the worst!

I love the Priority Flat Rate Box. I can send 3- 1/2 gallon tin cans anywhere in the country for $8.10. Sure makes mail order sales more attractive. I did have one box get dented, but none of the cans leaked.

mountainvan
04-22-2006, 06:46 AM
there was no syrup, 7 pint bottles, box was empty so no leakage. did'nt get specifics with box damage. I've never had a problem with ups or the usps. could be they're trying to pull a fast one. syrup was already paid for so it's their problem.I'll probably never know.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-22-2006, 11:28 AM
I have been told by an old timer to never tell what you put in the packages. If the postal service knows what it is, someone will probably steel the syrup. He used to ship a lot, so I don't know as I ship very little. :?