PDA

View Full Version : What oil for delaval 76

morningstarfarm
01-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Have a delaval 76 for one of my sugar bushes that I have to use this year...just made a new oiler to be able to flood it...now, what do you guys run in them for oil? Was thinking of compressor oil but am definitely open to less expensive options...oiler holds around 5 gals if I fill it...a reclaimer isn't in the cards for this year...thanks, Chris

BreezyHill
07-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Sorry didn't see this earlier in season...Tractor supplys vac oil seems to work well for me and our dairy customers pumps. It has good water removal properities and polishes the pump as the old surge oil did. Most other oils are not really what you need. may work for a time but if you water trap is not working well it will be an issue. You will need to have an oil catcher if not a trap. They can be home made for little $$$. I made one of 3" pvc with a hole drilled in side about a foot up from the bottom.
bottom had a piece of filter paper over a section of hardware cloth. end caps were 3" to 1" pvc reducers, top add an elbow so no rain gets in but angle away from work area due to noise, go to dollar sore and buy steel wool to fill chamber above the inlet. Main tube of 3" of 36-48" works good.

I would send you pics but I went to the sugar house and it has been cut off and is gone. Thank GOD the door was looked. Security cameras are on the list of to do things now!

I think it only cost about $40 the first time. I will keep track and take pics as I build the next one.

I put it out side to keep it cool and condensate the oil better. Next one will be bolted to the concrete wall to slow down thieves.

Ben