PDA

View Full Version : who won the Carlisle?

tuckermtn
01-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Had to leave the annual meeting early yesterday (did catch the pre-lunch speakers- good info on calcium/magnesium and fungi)

who won this years' Carlisle award?

maple maniac65
01-21-2013, 05:55 AM
Paul and Betty Messer from Orford

Amber Gold
01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Why do they have Best in Show, which is the Carlisle, then have a 1st through 3rd award? Isn't it really 1st through 4th place then?

Who were 2nd and 3rd? I didn't recognize them.

gearpump
06-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Ok was I the only one to forget to enter my 2013 Carlisle syrup this year?! I thought its was to handed to a board member by JUNE 15th not May 15th. Oops. I don't even remember getting a reminder in the mail.

Marty

Amber Gold
06-11-2013, 09:17 AM
It was in the last Gathering Tank...only a couple of weeks notice to get it in.

tuckermtn
06-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Marty- did I understand your post in that it was supposed to be in by May 15th? If that is the case, I missed it as well.

was it is the gathering tank issue or email that went out from Robyn that you had to log in to the website to get?

gearpump
06-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Yes May 15th was the deadline. I have not got any issues of the gathering tank since last year if I remember right. I also have not recieved any e-mailed issues of the newletter. I am thinking about calling a board member to see if there is still time to enter, but I know the rules are the rules and I should have known better. It seems weird that they want the entrys two months before the summer meeting.

red maples
06-12-2013, 07:09 AM
I got mine in, but they did mention it at the Annual meeting, and it was in the last Gathering tank as well. I think the purpose is to get it back to members by the summer meeting but not sure WHY its so early either. I would assume there are a lot of entries to get through and they may want to do it in 2 or 3 sessions of grading. It was June 15th last year. In my opinion the year to year rule changes can get very confusing. I debated just skipping the Carlisle all together and just doing the fairs but my wife talked me into it.