PDA

View Full Version : new clear check valve not compatable

white mt
01-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi just got some of the new type clear check valves and if im not wrong the are made by leader, ok well i also got some leader tee s with two stage plugs, and I cant belive thay are not compatable the new check valve hole is to small to plug into the tee just wont fit .So how dose one clean their tubing at the end of the year if you cant plug the spout? I clean with vac.thanks

unc23win
01-19-2013, 02:38 PM
I think you need the Ts with cups.

Thad Blaisdell
01-19-2013, 02:50 PM
\cut them off and plug in the pipe to the T

Brian Ryther
01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
The new tee does not fit tight to the blank tubing. I am using the old style cup tee. I clean with vacuum, if and when I clean, then I will cut the last seasons cvs off right before I tap.

white mt
01-19-2013, 04:29 PM
yes I think the tees with the cup would work I have some but every time they come out with something a little dif you end up buying all news fittings etc. All kinds of guys bought stubbys for they new check valves just a year or two back know thay want you to start all over.

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
01-19-2013, 08:50 PM
i also bought a few new cvs, just to try them. next year i will go back to the old style cv and stubby

Walling's Maple Syrup
01-20-2013, 04:53 AM
I put in 1500 this year on one 1.5" mainline just to try them. Used the T's made by Eratube and was very happy with how the tubing plugs into the T. They actually fit tighter than my other drops with the stubby's. The T's I used are a 3 stage T and at the end there is a little ring. Push tubing over that and it is impossible for them to come off unless you pull them off. Purchased both T's and CV's from D&G.

mapleguy
01-20-2013, 07:44 AM
plug your tube with what is called an eyelet dropline plug Lapierre has them part # TU114-000000J4S hope this helps.

adk1
01-20-2013, 08:01 AM
IF I were using them, which I am not, I am sticking with the older style CV, and since you have to discard the spout each year anyways, I would simply cut it off when I pulled the tap out at the end of the year and stick tubing into T fitting.

DrTimPerkins
01-20-2013, 09:12 AM
All kinds of guys bought stubbys for they new check valves just a year or two back know thay want you to start all over.

If you're happy with the original CV adapter and stubby, stick with it. Leader Evaporator will continue to carry the original version. However many sugarmakers were asking for a one-piece, clear, non-stubby design. The new CV spout was designed for that market.

rchase
01-20-2013, 10:06 AM
the new check valves are designed to cut of at the end of the season just like a seasonal spout. you plug the drop line into a 3 stage tee. if you have the cup style tee i guesss you could put the spout into that and then cut it off when your tapping the next year.

adk1
01-20-2013, 11:54 AM
the new check valves are designed to cut of at the end of the season just like a seasonal spout. you plug the drop line into a 3 stage tee. if you have the cup style tee i guesss you could put the spout into that and then cut it off when your tapping the next year.

You know, it would be interesting to hear how many producers plan on using the Clear CV spouts fo 2 seasons or longer. I know there are producers out there who do that especially due to the cost each year..I say this because I threw out my black CV's last year and have now been asked by a local producer to save them because they will use them.. Just curious.

unc23win
01-20-2013, 02:47 PM
I know for myself the new check valve will make a difference because I have about 1100 taps that are just lapierre health spouts with T cups so switching them to the old check valves would require the 1 stubby, 1 check valve, and one 3 Stage T if you removed the check valve at the end of the year. Thats what $.86 each x 1100 = $946 without a drop. To go to the new check valve $.40 each x 1100 = $440 and they will fit right into to the T cup change them at the end of of the year or the beginning of next and not only that no tools needed to put them in. That's nearly $500 I would rather spend expanding.

adk1
01-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Perfect example of Leader trying to accomedate all producers if you ask me. Last year was my first year and I know I wanted the CV spouts so I bought the stuffied and the black CV's obviously. I do not know which way I would have gone if this were my first year, i.e. older CV or the new CV.

unc23win
01-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Tell me about it. I had gotten 100 of the old check valves last year just to try I only ever got maybe 40 of them on as I never got my vacuum going. Then at the end of the year I bought 200 more so I have like 250 that I never used for this year I might put them together with T cups so I can cut off the stubby and switch to the new one next year at least I didn't already have them put together with the 3 stage T.