PDA

View Full Version : pan level problems

pierre
01-17-2013, 07:43 PM
well ive finally got the arch perfectley level front to back side to side .put pans back on hooked up float and connector pipesand made sure pans were level.put 1 1/2"of water in pans flue pan had 1 1/2" in all four corners syrup pan had1 1/4" in three corners and 11/8" in the other.so ive had problems with this since i got the unit this will be my 3rd season on it . my problem has been in the syrup pan as you can see its allways been really low hardley any in it when i was at 1" above the flues .i put 11/2" in cause its easier to read on a tape measure . what do you think i should do ? i was thinking of putting a 1/8 or 1/4" piece of flat stock on rail then my gasket and see what that does . any other ideas ?

adk1
01-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Is your pan warped?

Jeff E
01-18-2013, 08:19 AM
I would say dont knock yourself out making a 'minor' into a 'major'.

Run your float so your flue pan has 1.75 or 2 in so you are safe with your syrup pan. Your arch may be slightly mis-aligned (I would think most are) and adding steps with the gaskets will create gaps that smoke will soot up your pans.

I think most of us deal with high spots on our rigs, and run them accordingly.

Potters3
01-18-2013, 04:22 PM
set you depth and run with it, 1/8" it isn't bad, I have boiled on old warped pans that 1/2" out would be great.