PDA

View Full Version : what are people up to?

michiganfarmer2
01-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Im adding more mains in between existing mains to reduce taps to 3 per lateral.

toquin
01-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Running mains, no holes yet. Tapped Jan. 30th last year. Watching the 30 day outlooks.

BoarsNest
01-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Trying to figure out making a preheated or a WRU. Hopefully going to the Mich Maple meeting this Saturday.

Four D Acre Farms
01-17-2013, 06:33 AM
Tring to find time to change some lines and add new ones, heading to the maple meeting in clare this weekend, usually some good breakout sessions to learn from as well as the cotacts and ideas you can get. Getting excited for the season to begin aspecially after the poor season last year!!!

Don(MI)
01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Checking the long range forecast (That don't mean anything) Looks like no good tapping weather here at least until Feburary 10th....Probably will be around 3rd week like most years.

Until then, Might cut a little firewood. Didn't have as much as I thought in the wood shed!

DonMcJr
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Putting 15 Taps on Gravity this year and shooting for Tapping around Feb 20th but watching the weather closely!

team40
01-26-2013, 10:22 AM
still doing catch up need to finish the sugarhous,brick the arch,place some order,get fittings for the pump/tanks
and run some tubeing for 20 taps or so. still got alot to do and not enough time to do it.

shane hickey
01-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Headed out rite after lunch and starting to poke
Some holes in the trees i guess its off yo the races.

sjdoyon
01-26-2013, 09:41 PM
got all our trees tapped two weeks ago. Hunkering down and waiting for the cold weather to pass. February is supposed to be below normal cold, just have to wait and see. Good luck to everyone.

shane hickey
01-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Kind of a late post but we tapped til dark start in
Again monday unless i can get the guys to work
Tomarrow.

Tweegs
01-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Spent yesterday replacing another run of wire that popped and installing saddles. Got about a dozen saddles left to install and the woods will be done (barring any damage for this ice storm that’s supposed to hit tonight).

Still waiting on my hood and need to build the preheater. Once the hood arrives I’ve got to rig up a steam stack. Need to clean and set the tanks yet, and, as always, cut more wood.

If the extended forecast holds true, it looks like the second or third week of Feb is the go date.

DonMcJr
01-29-2013, 12:56 AM
My stepson Tyler and I moved and stacked more wood inside the sugarhouse, I changed the bad door on my half-pint and bought 2 more 55 gallon storage containers for sap.

So I have 140 gallons of storage. I may make the valve manifold today so I can select which container my tube lines flow into.

This warm up has me anxious but I know its going back to winter Wednesday evening!

RileySugarbush
01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Racing iceboats on Lake Pepin. I'll get to maple stuff soon!