PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Generation Check Valves

cadocter
01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
I was wondering this the other day. With the CV2s do you need to put them on using a tubing tool? I know all fittings should be put on with tubing tools, but the CV2s don't have barbs. Is this to make it easier to put them on by hand when you're tapping? Or do you still need a tool to put them on the drops?

spencer11
01-13-2013, 06:56 PM
you shouldnt need a tool to put on any seasonal spouts

cadocter
01-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Ok thanks a million. That's what I figured, but I thought I better make sure. It just seemed like it would be too much of a hassle to drill a hole, use a tool to put the tap on, then tap in the spout.

JordanLawson
01-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Yeah the tools are not needed if we need to put a sprout. But this is not true for all the cases. There are some specific settings where you can't get the job done if you need to customize it.

DanE.
01-15-2013, 07:14 AM
What do you do with them at the end of the season? do you remove them from the tubing then or wait until the next spring? If you remove them from the tube at the end of the season how do you plug the tube to keep the critters out. when you do remove then, do you pull them off the tubing or cut the tubing close to the spout?

thanks, Dane.

West Mountain Maple
01-15-2013, 07:30 AM
new tees, tube plugs on direct

nymapleguy607
01-15-2013, 07:40 AM
What do you do with them at the end of the season? do you remove them from the tubing then or wait until the next spring? If you remove them from the tube at the end of the season how do you plug the tube to keep the critters out. when you do remove then, do you pull them off the tubing or cut the tubing close to the spout?

thanks, Dane.

Some producers will leave the seasonal spouts on the drops until the next year, they will usually plug into the t fittings then the next year you cut off about 1/2" off the end and put on the new spout. If you change drops regularly you should never have a problem with them being to short.

Amber Gold
01-22-2013, 08:15 AM
These are pretty expensive at $0.40, and from I understand it's because of the manufacturing process...the spout is made of three castings that need to be "glued" together. What about making a straight seasonal so it could be made it two castings (or maybe one)? Lapierre sells a driver to re-seat them if they loosen in the tap hole.