PDA

View Full Version : washing tubing

MASSEY JACK
04-17-2006, 04:37 PM
I have 200 taps next to my workshop on one mainline and was washing them yesterday. I run an air hose out from the garage and hook the garden hose up with a tee and I use my air pressure regulator/filter setup that I use to paint with. The entire setup is leader spouts and tees. They are either 19/64 or 5/16(I can't remember which one Leader is). I decided that I hate there cup tees for washing. They have a little tit in the center of the cup that seals on the inside of the spout. It is a real pain to put that little bugger in the spout when the water and air are a blowin out the spout!!! I had some different cup fittings on the end trees and they did not have the tit. They were a breeze to fit together. I got quite wet!! Also, about ten of the leader spouts were spraying a stream of water out the back side of the spout. They have pin holes next to the + marking on the back side. I am going to take them to the open house and ask for replacements.

I wondered if anyone else had any similiar experiences with them. I bought some D&G spouts and tees for another setup and they work better.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
04-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Leader is a little behind in the game on the tree saver spout to T match up game from what i have experienced.

mountainvan
04-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Yep, I cleaned tubing today, 700 taps, 200 are leader spiles. about 10-20 had the pin hole in them. I won't be buying any more tubing supplies from leader. wonder if that would affect a vacuum system?

MASSEY JACK
04-18-2006, 04:34 PM
I figure it cost me some "poor man's vacuum" because they are on nice steep slopes and several of them were near the upper end of the lines. I think I will hook up the wash water next year after I tap to make sure I don't have any leaks before the sap runs.