PDA

View Full Version : delaval 73 how many CFM'S

Shaun
01-13-2013, 06:27 AM
I happened to obtain one of these pumps. any body out there know the how many CFM's this is?

BreezyHill
03-14-2013, 09:45 AM
My dad was a surge dealer back in the '70s...I also have a 73. I am getting a parts page and info from the local dealer and will share the cfms with you. Should have it tomorrow. The unit is a three speed pump and the cfms change according to the rpm.

My dad passed 2 yrs ago and my three sons, 18-14 wanted to get back into the sugaring. It has been along time since I did much with the operation and it has been a relearning year.

I am using a suge bb1 with a 1/3 hp. On the first 200 taps it was great! at 225 it dropped to 25". Adding another 60 later today. I have a BB 4 but it is huge. I read one guy say it was good for 1500 taps. I dont have time for that this year.

This summer I'll have to get the R/O back on line and mainline the rest of the woods.

Our Delaval store changed hands and they are looking to please...glad to see tappers. The old owners were anti tappers.

I have done some trials on getting sap flowing on our farm and have some really cheap ways of getting things going.

The 73 is seeming to be the similar to the bb1.

Don't use old line on high vac...if you do wear safety glass and a hard hat in the woods...had a peice of tubing fly by...old purple lamb stuff I think...shattered in to little shards.

230 on high vac...over 300 by tonight more in the next few days after installing another main line and a sap ladder
pvc vac/sap chatcher with filtration to surge releaser system
surge bb1, deL 73, BB4 vac pumps
2x6 Grimm w/ forced air...adding bigger fan for more cfms
flue hooded to sap preheater piping system from Evap feeder tank
150 gal stainless vap feeder tank
30x36 filter pan
7x7 filter press
12x20 gas bottling tank w/ filter rack
36" fan pressurizing the 30x25 sap house...forces the steam outside thru hood system
3 sons, 1 sons girl friend
Great wife!
family farm since 1903...tapping since 1972
learned on a bit brace...dewalt 18v xr packs much faster:lol:

Work Smart..Not Hard!

doocat
03-14-2013, 04:37 PM
I believe it is 8 cfm. I had one on 500-600 taps for a few years and would pull 19" all day. We kept a box fan blowing in it.

Craig

BreezyHill
03-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Straight from DeLaval depending on rpm low range is 6-7 while at 1000 rpm on a 3 horse motor you can get around 12-13. Said it is a great pump for tappers as it is very reliable. Slower rpm will make it last longer than high rpm; great pump for a growing operation as it can be sped up as needed by changing the drive pulley.

I'm going to get ours running this weekend at mid range to hook up acouple of sap latters that we should finish this weekend.

Good Luck!