PDA

View Full Version : Email scam / shipping scam ALERT!

mapleack
01-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Heads up to everyone, we got an email using poor english asking for a per gallon price, then a follow up asking for a 50 gallon price. A google search of the email address jamessizemore441@gmail and " james sizemore scam" revealed it to be a scam targeting many industries. Apparently they pay for shipping with stolen credit cards, then ask you to wire shipping payment to foreign shipping front companies. Our email adddress would've been pulled from the PA association list, so be aware! I'll paste the email exchage below,
-Andy

Subject: Re: Order
To: "Allan Kinter" <mapleadk@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 1:44 PM

I will like you to give me the total price for 50 gallons of the syrups.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Allan Kinter <mapleadk@yahoo.com> wrote:
$46.00 per gallon.

--- On Wed, 1/9/13, James Sizemore <jamessizemore441@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Order
To:
Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 1:53 PM

Dear SIr/Madam,

Am James Sizemore and will like to purchase some maple syrup and will like you to give me the price for a gallon of the syrup and also want to know if you accept credit card as a method of payment. Get back to me as soon as possible.

lwlvine
01-11-2013, 09:45 AM
I had the same thing happen to me a month or so ago. Guy wanted to pay me for the shipping and syrup with credit card. Then have me pay the shipping company. Once I told him I wanted a different form of payment he backed out. I imagine it was a stolen credit card.

Paddymountain
01-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Had this happen a couple of years ago.in the transmission business; Send me your credit in fo and we'll ship the truck from east-jabip. Come to think of it they were using TTB.
Pretending to be deaf!!! Always be aware!!!

Mark
01-11-2013, 11:42 AM
I had the same thing about a month ago, he wanted to ship to Japan. He wanted me to email his shipper which I assumed was just him and I just hit delete.

NH Maplemaker
01-11-2013, 11:57 AM
I had the same exact E-mail 2 days ago!! Same e-mail address and all. I just deleted it! Seen this type of scam before! These worthless BUMS are every were ! The world is there play ground and they feel we are all there suckers! We can put a man on the noon, But we can't figure out how to track a credit card thief on the net! Not rightl ,everyone keep your guard up.