PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Mainline Tool

inthewoods
01-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Here's a couple pics of the main line tool I made. I thought I would try something a little different, and eliminate the vise grips and make it so you can use one tool for all size main lines. I made it so the clamps can be interchangeable. This tool is made for 3/4" main line. I can simply unjam the nut and thread the whole clamp assembly out, and then thread in a different one for a 1" main line, 1 1/4", 1 1/2" or 2". What's also nice about this if you want to go from 1" to 3/4" you could put a 3/4" clamp on one side and 1" on the other side and put your splice in. I'm thinking about trying to make up some type of Y-hook to thread in, so you could use it for attaching your main line into your Y's. I also made it so the crank handle can be removed and you could use a socket on your cordless drill to operate the tool.

unc23win
01-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Nice job man it looks great. Maybe for the Y part all you need is flat plate that goes on the same way as your clamps so you just push against it?

It is awesome that you made it so you could change it for different sizes.

maple flats
01-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Maybe you could make a few extras and make some money selling them. It looks great. I'd buy one if I didn't already have one. Good job.

West Mountain Maple
01-14-2013, 02:32 PM
yes, make 10!!