PDA

View Full Version : Roth Sugarbush CDL WI 2013 Open House

Roth Sugarbush
01-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Our open house this year will be Feb. 6-9 out our current sugarbush in Cadott, WI.

We will be holding seminars on Thursday, Feb. 7th on
Friday Feb. 8th and on Saturday Feb. 9th. There will be
2 seminars on each of these days. One will be held at
10:00 am and the other will be held right after lunch at
approximately 1:00 pm. These seminars will be held
on evaporator operation from small to large, covering
boiling and finishing of pure maple syrup and also the
advantages of different types of fuel. The 2nd seminar
will be on the proper methods of tree tapping and
Sugarbush management. We have installed a new
tubing system so if anyone is interested in seeing this
we would certainly be glad to show you.

shane hickey
01-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Must be your trying to get a point across posted a half a dozen times
Do they have any discounts on anything.

Brent
01-09-2013, 04:26 PM
I question the ethics of these posts on a site sponsored by another maple dealer.
looks like dirty pool to me.

FDA
01-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Looks like spam.

lpakiz
01-09-2013, 07:55 PM
You guys are so far off base with these comments, it's laughable. Anyone who knows the Roths or have ever done business with them will tell you what great people they are to deal with, or even to just visit with. Why shouldn't they announce an event in this forum that features great informative speakers, discounts of 5 percent and a free lunch thrown in? BACK OFF!!
Pete and Dawn, I am sorry that you have to endure such comments from folks who obviously have no clue as to who you are and how you conduct your business. See you at the open house!!

Larry from Greenwood

Brent
01-09-2013, 08:04 PM
They may be the best dealer in the world but this is not a site to be used for commerce.
It is fully paid for by the Maple Guys

How much membership did you pay for what we get off this site ??

Its just lousy to cut our site sponsor's grass like this.

lastwoodsman
01-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I agree with Ipakiz, and I would guess the maple guys aren't that small that a spring announcement of any local dealers open house is a big deal. There is enough room in this business for everyone. It seems these days everyone these days are overly sensitive on everything. Hence the reason another maple website that is essentially a duplicate of this got set up. The distance between maple dealers at least in this region is not interfering with anyone's else area.
Woodsman

Brent
01-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Well I guess someone is real sensitive here and just called my home at 10:30 tonight to express his disagreement with my comments,
and failed to identify himself to my wife who answered the call. ( with no or blocked caller ID either )

If The Maple Guys find this commercial ad posting acceptable on their web site, then I'll apologize and eat my words.
Roth hammered this ad in multiple places that I've seen tonight, and I have not been on every thread.

lpakiz
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Well, I have only seen two copies of this announcement. One on MT and one on SBI, so not sure about the multiple hammering you speak of. I see nothing wrong here.

Brent
01-09-2013, 11:28 PM
They put it in 7 threads that I've seen.

It may seem fine to you. They're not picking money out of your pocket.

lastwoodsman
01-10-2013, 06:06 AM
I buy from as many of the vendors as I can. I feel they are small family business's and I enjoy their websites as well as any info I can get about their goings on. I actually look to and on these sites whether from the vendors them selves or from other maple producers to see what they may be doing.
Chances are I will never make any of the open houses east of me but I sure would like to. The eastern maple industry has been nostalgic to me since I was a kid. I look to these sites for any and all information on any goings on related to maple.

wiam
01-10-2013, 09:51 AM
They put it in 7 threads that I've seen.

It may seem fine to you. They're not picking money out of your pocket.

Seams like a Monti Python skit to me.

spam spam spam

Roth Sugarbush
01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Shane

We give 5% off of everything we carry. Also, I didn't know where to post it, so I thought I just hit all the topics :)

And Thanks Larry! We can't wait to see you as well.

shane hickey
01-10-2013, 05:07 PM
How far is this place from Chicago and is there any
Motels around.

jmayerl
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Roths is close to chippewa falls, should be plenty of hotels in town. Pete roth is a great guy to work. I have yet to be to there place but have dealt with him alot on the phone. Im hoping to make it there on friday. Also if you plan for an extra few hours in town the leinenkugels brewery has a great tour with free beer samples!

shane hickey
01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
That would be great but i dont drink should be there saturday

lpakiz
01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Shane, I bet you are looking at 6 hours from Chicago.

shane hickey
01-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah thats about rite i hope it worth the drive