PDA

View Full Version : wet Tile saw for cutting firebricks...the best!!!

red maples
01-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Holy Cow!!! SO I am re-bricking the sides of my evap. I originally use full bricks but it is very tight on the sides being its a drop flue, I am probably missing out on a few GPHs so hopefully this will help a little every GPH counts right. so I took out all the full brick yesterday.

Picked up 50 split bricks this morning.

Went to home depot picked up a wet tile saw cost me $46 for 24 hrs(got the $4 ins.) Boy that thing is the best and finished it in no time!!! thing cuts like a dream no dust boy I wish I would spent the money the first time around!!! wasted my circular saw and 4 or 5 masonary blades should have rented on of these would have seved me some money.

bricks are just in there dry now I should be able to finish it tomorrow.

Just taking advantage of this Jan thaw. which last I looked it is gonna last 7 days here now before it cools off again.

Waynehere
01-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I just got done cutting new bricks as well. I had a junk chopsaw that I turned into a metal cutting saw. I also used it with a diamond saw blade and it cut through them like butter with no water. Worked great too.

lastwoodsman
01-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Re Maples: I did the same as you when I installed my splits. It is like cutting butter and the angles are so easy. The only way to go.
I think I spent 79.00 for mine. I already had it in the garage from a bathroom project.
Woodsman

bcarpenter
01-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Do you happen to recall teh size or model of the tile saw? I am considering buying one if they are sub $100 because I would use it on future projects. I just want to make sure I do not under by.

Holy Cow!!! SO I am re-bricking the sides of my evap. I originally use full bricks but it is very tight on the sides being its a drop flue, I am probably missing out on a few GPHs so hopefully this will help a little every GPH counts right. so I took out all the full brick yesterday.

Picked up 50 split bricks this morning.

Went to home depot picked up a wet tile saw cost me $46 for 24 hrs(got the $4 ins.) Boy that thing is the best and finished it in no time!!! thing cuts like a dream no dust boy I wish I would spent the money the first time around!!! wasted my circular saw and 4 or 5 masonary blades should have rented on of these would have seved me some money.

bricks are just in there dry now I should be able to finish it tomorrow.

Just taking advantage of this Jan thaw. which last I looked it is gonna last 7 days here now before it cools off again.