PDA

View Full Version : Let it begin

hitnspit
01-08-2013, 12:44 PM
First few drips are in the bucket..... SWEET... jim

PARKER MAPLE
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Wow you going fot it. awesome. Hope you have a great season. Im going to wait it out a little longer and see what happens.
MR

adk1
01-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I am suprised that VTers are tapping already. Pa, CT and the like Iwould be pullingthe trigger to!

hitnspit
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
For the next week here we will have high 30's to mid 40 and lows at night will be below 20..... looking good.

Thad Blaisdell
01-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Still tooooooo early, relax and enjoy the warmer weather, going to be cold again. What ever you do if you boil, dont let your evaporator freeze up......

farmall h
01-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Everybody needs to relax and wait 'till the end of Febuary...gosh darn it!

sjdoyon
01-08-2013, 06:21 PM
We starting tapping this week four hours a day since we have CVs. Don't plan to turn on the vacuum pump until February when the long term weather looks good.

stoweski
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Was skiing at Pico yesterday and could hear the sap dripping around the state from the top of the mountain. Was a beautiful day of skiing (we were above the clouds/fog)... almost too warm to ski.

Another cold snap and then we're off to the races!

PARKER MAPLE
01-13-2013, 05:17 PM
that a 10-4, after next cold snap im drilling holes. Now its a waiting game, like 2 days before the next cold spell breaks Im drilling. Looked at long range today and i think we are good until feb sometime. Which is good let the trees freeze up good for a few weeks and tap them. I noticed today that the snow has receaded around the base of the trees pretty good. typically my grandfarther would say that a good indications of things to come. Well time will tell. Good luck this year

MR

adk1
01-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Was skiing at Pico yesterday and could hear the sap dripping around the state from the top of the mountain. Was a beautiful day of skiing (we were above the clouds/fog)... almost too warm to ski.

Another cold snap and then we're off to the races!
Hey Stoweski, so your talking the first week of Feb for your taget or what? I am still holding out, right now based on calendar of last weekend in Feb but that is subject to change

Big John
01-14-2013, 04:31 AM
I have almost 15K to drill and I am waiting. I had 8500 in last year by the 1 of feb. If I had 20K or more I would have already started. But it is just a thaw, relax and look at the forecast I say the 1 of feb looks great this year.

PARKER MAPLE
01-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Im with you BIg John, waiting until feb 1st weather looking more promising. Hope its better then last year.

stoweski
01-14-2013, 05:52 AM
Hey Stoweski, so your talking the first week of Feb for your taget or what? I am still holding out, right now based on calendar of last weekend in Feb but that is subject to change

Well see now that's the problem with my hobbies. Skiing from Dec-Feb. Sugarin' from mid-Feb through ???

Presidents week we go away. Nobody here to collect & boil. Depending on the weather I may tap at the beginning of the week and get the gunk out of the lines then put everything in place. But the real action for me starts on the 22nd when I get home. Yea, late for some but that's when my season begins. Some on here may think my priorities are all screwed up...
When I move to NE Kingdom area someday my timeline will sound more realistic... unless this whole climate change thing kills both 'sports'. Can't stand living down here but gotta pay the bills.

adk1
01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Well see now that's the problem with my hobbies. Skiing from Dec-Feb. Sugarin' from mid-Feb through ???

Presidents week we go away. Nobody here to collect & boil. Depending on the weather I may tap at the beginning of the week and get the gunk out of the lines then put everything in place. But the real action for me starts on the 22nd when I get home. Yea, late for some but that's when my season begins. Some on here may think my priorities are all screwed up...
When I move to NE Kingdom area someday my timeline will sound more realistic... unless this whole climate change thing kills both 'sports'. Can't stand living down here but gotta pay the bills.

I hear yeah stoweski. the past two winters have really sucked in my opinion. It is real tough on our economy here.