PDA

View Full Version : surge alamo vac pump need help

cpmaple
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Just got a surge alamo pump yesterday and wondering if any one help me out. Previous owner said it was 45cfm but how do i know that for sure no marking on it. Its powered by a 3hp motor at 1725rpm the tag says. the built on moisture trap has three ports on it 3" dia. and the pump is big i would like to change it over to gas motor since i dont have 220v at my sugar bush but from what i found so far i would have to have 5hp gas motor to equal the 3hp electric could i use the 9hp i have and not hurt the pump if so so i stay with the say size pulley thats on the electric the guy i got it from ran a gas motor on it with a 4.5in pulley. thanks for the help and if u need more info i will try to get it thanks cpmaple

unc23win
01-08-2013, 01:00 PM
You need a motor HP wise to handle it, but you don't want to run it to fast. I think 9HP could work but you have get the pulleys right to get the RPMS right. Try to find a dealer. I was looking at a pump and couldn't find any information called a guy and he answered all my questions in about in 5 minutes over the phone he told me the rpms to get cfm, motor sizes, and pulley sizes needed. This is the web page you can use to find a dealer. http://www.westfalia.com/US/EN/