PDA

View Full Version : Retail value of a 2X3 flat pan?

Starting Small
01-04-2013, 05:46 AM
I am considering purchasing a drop flue for my 2X3 evaporator. I did not even know they existed, here is the link
http://www.sugarbush.info/forsale/showproduct.php?product=121&title=hybrid-hobby-pan-set-2c-2-27x3-27&cat=9

So if I do go down this road, I will obviously not need my flat 2X3. Any ideas on the value of it so I can determine if it is worth sellling? The previous owner scorched it but works very well. It would come with a thermometer and draw off valve. Thanks for your opinions!
i should also mention it has 3 compartments. It is a mason.

MIMapler
01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I bought a new 2 x 3 evaporator pan (1 comparment, with draw-off) made out of 18-gauge steel just last year. I don't have the receipt, but I recall paying around $250 for it new. If you can find someone willing to pay you $150 for a used one, that seems reasonable to me. The trick is finding that person - once you start paying to post ads or even spending time trying to find a buyer (your time is worth money too), your cash return diminishes. I've never used the "Classifieds" section on this website, but you could always post it there. Maybe you can even swap it for some other equipment you can use. Hope this helps.