PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Near Bay City? Ever come up North around Mackinaw or Soo MI ??

TerryEspo
12-29-2012, 09:07 AM
I am just putting it out there to see if anybody lives near Bay City and comes up north sometimes.

The reason I ask is there is a guy that sells real nice looking barrels for $10.00 each on Craigs List. I would love some for my collection points. I would pay extra if someone could get me some and I would come get them if closer than Bay City. I just think its far for me to go buy barrels.

Hopefully someone is going that way, you never know. I will eventually be going that way I just dont know when.

Thanks.

Terry

Four D Acre Farms
12-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Hey Terry
My name is nathan and live by Rogers city where are the barrels at? and how many do you want i will be making a trip to mmsa meeting on the 19th and may be able to help get part way. the meeting is in clare so it would be a slight side trip.

TerryEspo
01-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi Nathan:

Thanks for the reply.

I Googled where you live and where your going, and it looks kinda out of your way. If you did grab me some, where you live is not an area I usually drive through, I drive the I-75 Hwy.

I am not in a real rush, I do have barrels I could use but these ones look nicer, lol.

I am hopeing for someone that lives on my side of the Mackinaw bridge.

I will keep you posted if I change my mind. I really appreciate the offer though.

Lets see what happens.

Thank-you.

Terry

DonMcJr
01-01-2013, 11:12 AM
I go past Bay City when I goto out Hunt Camp in da UP... Not sure when I'm going next but I'll keep you in mind...

Four D Acre Farms
01-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Not a problem terry the offer is good i know a truck driver that goes through there often and i was thinking of taking the wife to dinner in st ignace, did you check with rmg they usually have them

Ausable
01-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Not a problem terry the offer is good i know a truck driver that goes through there often and i was thinking of taking the wife to dinner in st ignace, did you check with rmg they usually have them

Hey Four D! If U B Dining in Da U P. For something different. Go out on U.S. 2 just outside of St. Ignace and go to Clyde's Drive-In and have a famous Clyde's Burger - They are huge and they are good. Clyde's Drive-In is right out of the 1950's and even has car hops if you prefer not to go in. -----Mike--a Troll from under da Big Mac - But appreciates Yooper Food like Pasties and Clyde's Burgers

Four D Acre Farms
01-15-2013, 06:37 AM
Thanks Terry may have to try that. That was west on US 2 after da bridge?

JAMIE
01-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Is thats Clyes open in the winter?The one in the Soo is closed for the winter.Nothing like eating at Clydes and watching the ships.O ya try out there shrimp basket...but you best be hungery...lots of food!!!!

Spolcik
01-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Hey terry I bought a few barrels from the same add. They should work out great for sap collection. They are used pepper barrels they clean up great it would be worth the trip for that price.

TerryEspo
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi Spolcik: I maybe should close this post, lol. I did get a some barrels from that guy, actually someone else got me some as he knew I wanted them. I am happy with them, hard to get the oudor out though. Due to winter I cant really wash tham as good as I want to.

Did you get yours odour free ? If so, let me know what to use.

For now, if anybody asks me I say no, I am not sure how many I will need, I have enough for now.

Thanks.

Terry

Spolcik
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
I did get the pepper smell out diluted bleach with a lot of hot water and rinsed and rinsed. They still have a plastic type smell to them but I think that will be ok. I used trash cans in the past had that same smell and didn't seem to affect the finished product.