PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a small vacuum releaser?

PARKER MAPLE
12-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Hello all Im searching high and low for a small vacuum releaser jar like what was used in the miling industtry. Bender or what ever. I have sometime to burn and thought I would play around with a vacuum expearament. Can someone point in the right dirrection to find one or does anyone have one to buy?

Thanks MR

spencer11
12-27-2012, 03:56 PM
there were some electric ones on ebay

PARKER MAPLE
12-27-2012, 06:41 PM
spencer11 I cant seam to find any on there, what specifically are you searching under?
MR

spencer11
12-27-2012, 06:51 PM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=milk+receiver&_nkwusc=milk+reciver&_rdc=1

PARKER MAPLE
12-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Ok Im confussed, I think I need a releaser, with a float and valve in it so as the liquid builds it gets to a certain level then the vac is broken and releases the liquid out. Is what you should me a releaser or a reciever jar. And whats the difference between the 2. Im new to this so sorry for all the questions.

MR

spencer11
12-27-2012, 07:10 PM
well they are basicaly the same thing, i posted a link to reciver jars, releasers with the float like the bender ones are mechanical releasers when the vac is broken by the float tripping and breaking the seal, the electric ones reach a certain level then a float switch trips and turns a pump on and pumps out the sap

jmayerl
12-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I have a bender washer/releaser that I was going to use but looks like I can't put tubing up in my woods now. I was going to put it on eBay but if someone on here wants it first that would be great.

PARKER MAPLE
12-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Oh Ok so could it instead of being pumped out just gravity dump. if there was a CV installed somehow

spencer11
12-27-2012, 07:27 PM
possibly, you would need some sort of float in the jar, unless you could wire the float switch into a valve like on an auto draw off

PARKER MAPLE
12-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Spencer11 I just checked out your facebook page with your releaser build, nice work, looks awesome. Have you tested it? Assuming you have do to one of the pictures shows a gage holding vacuum. I have a question, what didi you use for a float and waht is the second arm for the one above the arm that releases the vacuum flap on the top? what does that do?

Sorry for all the questions
MR

Do you have a video yet on it running? would love to see one

spencer11
12-28-2012, 09:57 AM
i have tried to test it, i need a different CV on the bottom drain, the float is 6" pvc end cap attached to a 6" pvc cleanout adapter, i had to grind it down to make the dia. smaller so it would fit in the can. the top arm is connected to the float rod, which is attached to the float, so then the float rises the pushes that rod up and it pivots and pushes that lower rod down, lifting the flapper and releasing the vac

PARKER MAPLE
12-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Have you looked at the valves they have at bascoms, i believe they are replacments for a manufactured releaser. Would one of these work for you?
what is the inside diameter of your can/releaser. a little smaller then your bottle neck on the can right?
I have found some 12in sch 80 2ft on ebay Im checking into this if I cant find a can.

MR

spencer11
12-28-2012, 01:55 PM
the inside is about 9" or so, cans should be fairly easy to find, check craigslist and ebay. i am getting one of the ones the have at bascoms to replace the plastic one i am using now, you have to put a CV on your mainline to so it keeps the vac in the line when it dumps, use the ones from bascoms on your mainline cause the plastic ones freeze and break

PARKER MAPLE
12-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Sounds good, cant wait to see your run.... I looking for a can on ebay now

spencer11
12-28-2012, 02:55 PM
when i go to bascoms in a week or 2 to get some stuff ill get that CV and that will hopefully fix it, then ill post a video

ps. i got my can of craigslist for $20

PARKER MAPLE
12-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I found a nice ss can on ebay for 25.oo, its like 7gal or so. can wait for it to get here
I might go to bascoms tomorrow if there open and get some supplys I will pick up one of the CVs and try tto make it work.

spencer11
12-28-2012, 04:31 PM
are you welding the fittings on? or are you having someone doing it? i used galvanized cause the outside of my can is steel, but you will be able yo use stainless if you can weld it or know someone who can

PARKER MAPLE
12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
yes I will either weld them on or silver solder them on. I have solder stainless before also wwork pretty well. Just check in basement I have 3/8 lexan down there all ready like 7ft x 16in or so. So i have many chances to get it right.

spencer11
12-28-2012, 08:52 PM
i would recomend welding them, and 3.8" lexan will be the very thinnest you should go, you shouldnt break it drilling holes in it for everything, cutting it might be the issue...

PARKER MAPLE
12-29-2012, 06:45 AM
I have cut miles of this stuff. This is an extra piece I have laying around from a job I was on so its a bonus. 3/8 will hold alot of pressure also, its saftey rated.

spencer11
12-29-2012, 07:56 AM
ive always had problems cutting it, my piece is 1/2" so it should work fine, 3/8" close enough